Sunday, June 19, 2011

cupcakes & beer

on tuesday i turn one year older. at this point some might not exactly see it as a huge reason to celebrate. i should have more money at this age, own a home, have children, have a least one marriage under my belt.....why do birthdays, which are intended to celebrate our whole existence {yay! i'm glad you were born} tend to be more a time of reflection? it seems a perfect time to catalog all of the things we have yet to accomplish and, more importantly should have accomplished by now.

don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about my life. i own my own business, have a wonderfully close family, utterly fantastic friends.....which leads me to my reason for blogging, my lovely friends. we had a girls night on friday, nothing crazy - a few drinks, birthday wishes & lots of laughs. carrie, our resident fabulous baker, even made me {i may have lightly hinted that she could bake something if she wanted} delicious raspberry & lemon cupcakes. we're not talking a mix from a box, these were homemade & FANTASTIC!

so the brightside to turning one year older? cupcakes & beer!




stumble it !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...